Golf Rules and Information
Member: A person holding any golf classification membership.
Spouse: The spouse or significant other of a member in any golf classification of membership.
Adult Children: Any son or a daughter of a member in any golf classification of membership between the age of 18 and 24 that is a full-time student.
Minor Children: Any son or a daughter of a member in any golf classification of membership under the age of 18.
Legacy Family: Any father, son, mother, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, or grandchild of a member in any golf classification.
Conduct Unbecoming a Golfer
- Players are expected to conduct themselves in a proper manner while on Club property. Along with abiding by our dress code, pace of play, and course care guidelines, players are also expected to remain from loud, vulgar language and obnoxious behavior.
- Sand bunkers must be raked. Rakes shall remain outside the bunkers, parallel to the fairway.
- Divots must be repaired or be filled with sand.
- Ball marks must always be repaired.
- Be careful not to hit into the group in front of you. Leave ample space.
- Be quiet when others are hitting or putting.
- Do not drag your feet of clubs on the greens. Treat them with care.
- All golfers must wear proper golf attire while on the golf course or using the practice facilities.
- Male golfers must wear collared shirts, no tee shirts, and no denim.
- Female golfers may wear tops without a collar, but no tank tops, tee shirts, and no denim of any kind.
- Mock turtlenecks are acceptable.
Golf Carts – Private
- Members may have their own cart for use on the course.
- The trail fee includes only players covered under your membership.
- Yearly private cart trail fee:
- $800 for one cart
- Any member riding in your cart not covered under your membership will be subject to the following cart fees:
- $15 per member for 18 holes
- $10 per member for 9 holes
- The Green Fee charge includes the cart fee for any guest riding on a private cart.
Golf Carts – Rental
- You must have a valid driver’s permit to rent a golf cart.
- Golf carts are to remain at least 30 feet from any tee or green, unless a cart path is provided.
- Golf cart rental fees:
- $15 per member for 18 holes
- $10 per member for 9 holes
Green Fees with Cart – Member Sponsored
- In Season (May 15 to September 15)
- $39 Weekends and Holidays
- $29 Weekdays
- Off-Season (September 16 to May 14)
- $29 Weekends and Holidays
- $19 Weekdays
- The Golf Shop will post all scores throughout the season. Please contact the Golf Shop for all handicap information.
- When a hole-in-one is made by a member or a guest please see the Golf Shop staff so that they may assist you in offering services that will make this event a memorable one.
- All members and spouses are automatically eligible for the Hole-In-One Club. Each membership account will be charged $5 every time an eligible participant scores an ace at Pretty Lake Golf Club. For those members not wishing to participate in the Hole-In-One Club please contact the Golf Shop.
- Those in the Hole-In-One Club will receive the payout as a credit to your membership account to help cover the cost of drink charges that day. This credit will appear on your account the following month.
- Adult and minor children are not eligible to participate in the Hole-In-One Club.
- Double Eagles scored at Pretty Lake Golf Club shall be eligible for this program.
- When playing with their designated member or their spouse, legacy family members shall be extended all privileges afforded adult and minor children. These services include complimentary greens fees, cart fees, if riding on their private cart, and range balls if said member is on the family range plan.
Lightning Safety and Precautions
- It is the players responsibility to be aware of dangerous weather situations.
- The Golf Shop will sound a siren when severe weather is approaching.
- Players must exit the golf course and seek shelter.
- The Golf Shop will issue all clear when the situation passes.
Pace of Play Guidelines
- 18-hole golf rounds should be completed in four (4) hours or less.
- No player shall “cut in” on any hole in any manner, which will interfere with oncoming players.
- Be ready to hit when it is your turn. Be careful you are not in front of, or in danger of being hit by another member of your group.
- Allow faster groups of any size to pass through when the opportunity arises.
- When using a cart:
- After tee shots, stop at the shorter drive first, let the player off, proceed to the other ball and be ready to hit.
- When approaching the green:
- Always park the cart or if walking, leave your bag even with or behind the flag stick as to be able to exit the green quickly.
- If your ball is just off the putting surface, take you putter and whatever other club necessary to get you on the green and to the hole. Do not hold up play by going back to your bag and getting another club.
- The player whose ball is closest to the hole may tend or remove the flag stick, placing it carefully on the green out of the way of all players.
- Leave the green quickly when finished so the next group may hit.
- Check scores at the next tee.
- Remember, your place on the golf course is not directly in front of the group behind you. It is directly behind the group in front of you.
- Since we have no safety netting to help keep range balls inside the confines of the driving range, be mindful of DANGER AREAS that include #10 fairway and #15 left hand rough.
- Please wait until these areas are clear before hitting and keep all your shots inside the confines of the driving range.
- We also have a short game area complete with practice green and bunker located on the west end of the practice facility.
- When going to the practice facilities please be considerate of those teeing off #10 and make sure the tee is clear before crossing in front of it.
Registration and Starting
- Member tee times may be secured up to two weeks in advance three ways, either online, in person at the Golf Shop, or over the phone.
- One player of a match is needed to register for a tee time. However, all players of a match must register with the Golf Shop prior to teeing off.
- All tee times shall be prepared to tee off when it is their time. If the entire group is not present another group may tee off.
- Twosomes, threesomes, and foursomes shall have equal rights on the course. Twosome may be required to pair up to expedite play.
- Tee times will be every nine minutes.
- Private cart owners must sign in.
Rule of Play
- U.S.G.A. rules shall govern play, except as modified by local rules.
- Local rules shall appear on the back of the scorecard or be announced at the start of any given competition.
- Only members and spouses shall be eligible to play in Club events.
- Adult and minor children may play in Club events only with the approval of the Golf Committee.
- In the event of a shotgun start with less than 72 players, a mini shotgun may be used for optimum course utilization.